78 B 3 rebuild

Vorstellung und Umbaustories / Restaurierungen
Nordrap
Twin-Forum Anfänger

78 B 3 rebuild

Beitrag von Nordrap »

Hello all

I slowly progress on the rebuild, I have just fitted the new Marving exhaust and the grab rail obtained from Andy (thanks again)

The Marving are fitting very well, but the engine sound is deceiving, especially under 3 000 rpm when it sounds more like a scooter.

Did someone has already tweeked the Marving for a better sound ?

I imported this bike with completely rotten exhaust, the sound was slightly excessive but pleasant.

My main concern is that the carbs are fitted with pods. I have found a good used air box, but I cannot insert it back in its location.

Is it possible to replace the airbox without dropping the engine, which I would rather avoid ?

Thanks in advance for your informations.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Michael
Z750Twin-Experte
RE: 78 B 3 rebuild

Beitrag von Michael »

Hi Nordrap,

the typical way to fit the air filter box is from the back.
For that you have to remove rear wheel, swing arm, battery compartment, rear mudguards (inner plastic at least) and the electrical panels left and right hand side of airbox location, maybe something more that I don't have in mind right now.
It is really a pain to get the airbox in or out of the frame !

Good luck,
Michael
Denkt dran:
Die Drehrichtung des Motors an der Zündungsseite ist gegen(!) den Uhrzeigersinn.
Die Steuerkette nur bei montiertem Ventildeckel spannen, sonst droht ein kapitaler Motorschaden!
Allzeit Gute Fahrt!
Nordrap
Twin-Forum Anfänger

RE: 78 B 3 rebuild

Beitrag von Nordrap »

Michael hat geschrieben: Hi Nordrap,

the typical way to fit the air filter box is from the back.
For that you have to remove rear wheel, swing arm, battery compartment, rear mudguards (inner plastic at least) and the electrical panels left and right hand side of airbox location, maybe something more that I don't have in mind right now.
It is really a pain to get the airbox in or out of the frame !

Good luck,
Michael
Hello Michael

Thank you for your reply and information.

This is what I feared, so I think it will be a winter job.

Best regards
Antworten