Hallo from England - sometimes Saxony !

Vorstellung und Umbaustories / Restaurierungen
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Re: Hallo from England - sometimes Saxony !

Beitrag von beachcomber »

Another good day in the garage.

All the seat / tank mountings are complete and the mock up of the side panels. There will be an oval race number plate shape incorporated into the panel.

I was able to sit on the bike now the seat is mounted and position the clip-ons / rear sets.

Michael - do you have an opinion on the Ignitech DC- DCIP-2 Race ignition module ? It has 3 built in ignition retard functions - ideal for the Nitrous.

The fork brace is completed and I will collect on Monday.
bike 6th July 2019 002.jpg
bike 6th July 2019 001.jpg

We have a new paddock stand and my machine shop guy is making the bobbins to attach to the lower shock mounting.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Michael
Z750Twin-Experte

Beitrag von Michael »

Hi TJ,
very good progress !

I use the Ignitech ignition in standard version TCIP4.
It hasn't so much options to set.
The user manual isn't very clear, ok, it is in english and you will understand it better than me ;)
The shape of the rotor isn't described well.
The software functionality is very good, you can set nearly everything to your priorities.
The next Ignitech I buy is including their rotor, pickup and the needed special chipset USB to RS232 adapter cable, that eases life !

Cheers, Michael
Denkt dran:
Die Drehrichtung des Motors an der Zündungsseite ist gegen(!) den Uhrzeigersinn.
Die Steuerkette nur bei montiertem Ventildeckel spannen, sonst droht ein kapitaler Motorschaden!
Allzeit Gute Fahrt!
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Thank you for the feedback Michael.

The version I am buying is their Race unit. It has a frightening amount of options !!! But it does have 3 retard modules. It does far more than I will need, but I will pick the sections I need.

My machine shop guy has now made THE NEW CLAMPS FOR THE FORK BRACE. My fork leg tops are 60mm diameter - not 55 ! :rolleyes:
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

New fork clamps [ 60mm ] and paddock stand bobbins. I have to take the clamps back later to have them polished - the polishing guy is on holiday ! :rolleyes:
fork yoke neil 002.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Fork brace has been modified with new clamps and fit fine.

Paddock stand bobbins made and fitted.

Side panel template almost completed. I have the alloy sheet and we will cut the shape next week when we finalise the shape. Just a little more detailing.

req
thumbnail_IMG_3370.jpg
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

HELP PLEASE.

I have contacted Ignitech who can supply the ignition module DCCDIP-2 for my project.

However, they require the following information / photos.

Sadly I do not have a complete bike or wiring system to photograph.

Can anyone help please ? :thanks:

Here is their request ............

What product are you interested in (e.g. charging regulator, ignition unit, programmable ignition unit, programmable injection unit...).
Correct bike type and year of production (e.g. Yamaha DT125R 1997).
Firm designation of the part if it is possible (labels on cover e.g.. Denso 21119-1214 070000-1700).
Photo of original unit, connectors, (we mostly need to seen colors of wires on each position). More important are wires on connectors in bike wiring than wires on connectors by ignition or regulator (could you see photo below)
Wiring diagram of your bike if it is possible (e.g. from bike manual)
In special cases we need photo or drawings of pickup system in position of rotor and pick up in top dead center - TDC.
Michael
Z750Twin-Experte

Beitrag von Michael »

Hi TJ,
I will take some pics tomorrow and post the wiring diagram I have used to wire up a TCIP4 ignition.
Cheers, Michael
Denkt dran:
Die Drehrichtung des Motors an der Zündungsseite ist gegen(!) den Uhrzeigersinn.
Die Steuerkette nur bei montiertem Ventildeckel spannen, sonst droht ein kapitaler Motorschaden!
Allzeit Gute Fahrt!
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Many thanx my friend - I knew I could rely on your help !!
Michael
Z750Twin-Experte

Beitrag von Michael »

Hi TJ,
here some pics:
20190727_235320 (Custom).jpg
Ignitech as mounted in the tuning engine. No Twin baseplate, just modified to hold the Ignitech pickup

20190727_235456 (Custom).jpg
Ignitech under preparation, used with stock LTD pickup. Rotor holder "cleaned" with a lathe

20190727_235837 (Custom).jpg
Stock B contact breaker ignition base plate, diameter 93 mm

20190728_000123 (marked).jpg
Rotors and rotor holder, various Twin models

Hope this helps ;)
Denkt dran:
Allzeit Gute Fahrt!
Michael
Z750Twin-Experte

Beitrag von Michael »

Hi TJ,
here the wiring diagram for the TCIP4 as I've cabled it and engine is running ;)
Only the yellow marked cables in use, unused connections are crossed out.
Ignitech wiring Z750Twin.jpg

This is how the Ignitech wiring loom looks like after installation.
Unused cables not removed, used cables not shortened:
20190727_114506 (marked).jpg

Buy the rotor, the pickup, the wiring loom and the USB-to-DB9-adapter cable from Ignitech as well, not only the box.
Challenge is to fix the rotor to the rotor holder in a clearly defined position, that still allows to turn the crankshaft manually.
The ignition base plate is just needed to hold the pickup and to allow fine adjustment of idle firing timing.
This needs to be done manually as the ignition box doesn't allow that setting by programming it.

I am on a racetrack the next four days, hope the provided information is sufficient ;)
Looking forward to your progress.
Cheers, Michael

BTW: I have wired both ignition coils to the same pickup, as I am using dual spark plugs per cylinder.
Denkt dran:
Allzeit Gute Fahrt!
Antworten