Hallo from England - sometimes Saxony !

Vorstellung und Umbaustories / Restaurierungen
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Hallo from England - sometimes Saxony !

Beitrag von beachcomber »

Hi guys,

I have been trying to access the site for some time now - thanx for the tips Michael.

My project is an early KZ750, which was in very bad condition [ rust ] when I bought it - but the mechanicals were excellent, having just been overhauled before the 9 year [ !! ] layup in a leaking shed.

The plan is for a Flat Tracker style. I already have wire spoked wheels on this model. I'm aiming for twin high level exhausts like BSA Spitfire scrambler and I'm working on a Weber 40DCOE conversion. I already have the flanges lazer cut and I'm just waiting for a pal to cut some tube and weld it all up.

The bike will have a UK "daylight MOT", which means I don't have to run any lights [ brake light of course ! ]

I'll add some pix after I reinstall my graffix software.
"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be "
Michael
Z750Twin-Experte
RE: Hallo from England - sometimes Saxony !

Beitrag von Michael »

Hi Beachcomber,

welcome back to our forum :-)

Looking forward to your progress !
The Weber carb conversion is interesting, let us know how they behave and perform :-)))

Cheers, Michael
Denkt dran:
Die Drehrichtung des Motors an der Zündungsseite ist gegen(!) den Uhrzeigersinn.
Die Steuerkette nur bei montiertem Ventildeckel spannen, sonst droht ein kapitaler Motorschaden!
Allzeit Gute Fahrt!
kaptainkwak
Z750Twin-Fan

Beitrag von kaptainkwak »

Welcome Beachcomber. Life here in Germany is very good. The people are just like us, very friendly and helpfull. Michael is a star. Enjoy

KK
www.lonesometwin.com - Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel

:motorrad:   Long live the Japanese Bonneville
Bruder Lustich
Z750Twin-Experte

Beitrag von Bruder Lustich »

Hello Beachcomber,

Welcome to the German Z 750 Forum from me too
Which Z 750 you have exactly? A B1 / 2 or 3? We see here in the forum Pictures likely - even old and new one´s, and we are happy to accompany conversions. If we can help - we like to do.

regards

Gerd
Zuletzt geändert von Bruder Lustich am Do 1. Mai 2014, 23:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Erst wenn die letzte Ölplattform versenkt, die letzte Tankstelle geschlossen ist, werdet Ihr merken, dass man bei Greenpeace nachts kein Bier kaufen kann.

Y1 ; englische Ausführung
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Here's the bike as bought - over the phone ! Dec 2012. VERY cheap.

Minor progress through 2013 due to many outside problems ! Now back into it again - THIS year I WILL be ridng it !!!!! - Probably.

Gerd, thanx for the welcome - the bike was registered in November 1976 - one of the first batch I guess.

Oh - file too big. I'll post up after my graffix software package has been installed
Michael
Z750Twin-Experte

Beitrag von Michael »

Hi Beachcomber,

If you are using a Windows 7 computer (as Win XP is not supported by Microsoft anymore) look out after a freeware called something like "Picture Resizer Tool Clone".
Could be found at Google when searching for "image resizer clone powertoy windows 7".

Very handy tool and easy to operate ;-)
Just mark one or more pictures you want to resize in Windows Explorer (no graffix program required),
right click on any one of them and an additional "Resize Pictures" option is displayed.
Click on that, a window opens, select an option for new picture size and after a few seconds you are done :-)
Resized pictures show up in same folder as original pictures.
Here a screenshot of this tool:
Resize Pictures.jpg
Cheers, Michael
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von Michael am Sa 3. Mai 2014, 19:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Denkt dran:
Die Drehrichtung des Motors an der Zündungsseite ist gegen(!) den Uhrzeigersinn.
Die Steuerkette nur bei montiertem Ventildeckel spannen, sonst droht ein kapitaler Motorschaden!
Allzeit Gute Fahrt!
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

As bought and Weber 40DCOE mock up
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Scholly
Z750Twin-Experte

Beitrag von Scholly »

hi beachcomber,
absolutely incredible. A lot of work, but as I always say, the journey is the destination. An ugly duckling will often became a swan. (We say so in Germany)
Good luck
Scholly
Bremsen macht die Felgen dreckig! :motorrad:
Bruder Lustich
Z750Twin-Experte

Beitrag von Bruder Lustich »

Hi Beachcomber,

respect for the person that you have apparently not afraid of anything.
I am shocked by the initial state of the machine. Please support us on the ongoing progress, send us pictures and if you have any questions, ask us.
We will try to help you.

regards

Gerd
Erst wenn die letzte Ölplattform versenkt, die letzte Tankstelle geschlossen ist, werdet Ihr merken, dass man bei Greenpeace nachts kein Bier kaufen kann.

Y1 ; englische Ausführung
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Hi Gerd,

yes - I did look a few times when the bike was delivered - the first time I saw it !

The big save was that the engine has been refurbished - the rest is really all cosmetic and a vision for what you want it to be.

I was always going to make this a Flat Tracker, so I could see beyond the obviously bad parts !!
Antworten