RAM Moto cylinder studs and nuts

Big-Bore Kit, Umbau Tips und Tricks
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

RAM Moto cylinder studs and nuts

Beitrag von beachcomber »

Good news - the company that manufactures the APE studs and nuts will supply them to me in sets suitable for the KZ750 Twin !

That is 4 x studs and 4 x nuts.

As ever price will depend on the order size and the cost of import - but will certainly be cheaper than buying a 4 cylinder set and throwing 4 studs and 4 nuts away !

Check out how bad the old stud is [ on the right ]

I will order a 2 x sets for myself - if anyone else is interested in principle - let me know.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von beachcomber am Sa 9. Feb 2019, 12:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Michael
Z750Twin-Experte
Re: APE cylinder studs and nuts

Beitrag von Michael »

Hi TJ,

I am interested in two sets of them, if they are available at a reasonable price.

Cheers, Michael
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Hi Michael

they will have to be reasonable for me to be interested !!!

Well that's 4 possibly sets, the more interest there is the better price I can get. I have not asked them for discount yet until I know if there is any interest. It would be good to get 5 sets - 10 would be even better.

My pal Brian goes over to the US 3 times a year. He can bring sets back with him as hand luggage - or even if he pays for hold luggage, it will still be cheaper than sending them. I have to check when he is going next.

Worst way - I will just get them sent via carrier.
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

My machine shop guy also wants to reproduce the long and short Weber manifolds - so I am getting quite a few special parts ready for replication - including the +20% stronger clutch springs.

There is a top Exhaust manufacturing shop here in Redditch, and they might be interested in replicating the high level exhaust. The prototype will be completed soon.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

GOOD NEWS - APE have confirmed today that they will supply me with special sets of 8 studs and nuts. I can sell these as APE kits with their full warranty.

Thanx to Martin I have the CORRECT length for the outer studs [ ! ].

To be certain I stripped my spare engines down today and both are the same, so the measurements given in the "bible" [ 158mm ] ARE NOT CORRECT.

APE will make up the special length studs and supply me in a complete set of - 4 x long, 4 x short and 8 nuts.

I am waiting for a final price. :applaus:
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

More good news - there might be a "plan B" for the Hi-Po studs / nuts.

The company that makes the high performance studs for the RAM C Type Jaguar replicas says he can make our studs to the same specs as the APE items.

I have sent him the details to get a price based on 80 [ 10 x sets ]. This is the minimum quantity to get a good price.

The VERY good news is that they are manufactured here in the UK ...... no silly carriage costs, no VAT and no customs duty ! That will save approximately 40% on the costs. AND they will be available to call off with a 2 week lead time. :applaus:
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Good response from the RAM stud manufacturers.

They will produce suitable studs in the correct lengths to the same spec material as APE with suitable flanged nuts [ NOT domed ].

Initial discussion is good and the cost is likely to be almost 40% cheaper than the cost of importing the APE product [ $138 + shipping, duty and VAT.].

Of course we then have NO shipping and duty to pay - only VAT.

The only bad [ ? ] news is that I must order 20 sets.However when I see the bad condition of the standard OEM studs [ corrosion + stretching ] these would be an almost essential part of even a stock rebuild.

Final prices when I return in 2 weeks from a chill trip to Alsace.!! ;)
bikeorslk
Z750Twin-Experte

Beitrag von bikeorslk »

Hi TJ,

enjoy choux-croute and 1664! Not necessarily the best French cuisine, but very close to German :D

Bye
Carsten
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Thanx Carsten - it is 20 years since I last visited France. I even had mobile homes there [ Brittany ].

Then I discovered Saxony !!! Loved it so much I bought my villa there in Reichenau. I also have very good friends that I visit in Bavaria.

I will enjoy

Vielen danke.
beachcomber
Z750Twin-Fan

Prices now in :applaus:

Kit comprises 4 x 190mm studs
4 x 180mm studs
8 x flanged nuts [ not domed ]

All 10.9 grade material Gold passivated.

<strong>Kit price £65.00 retail and in orders of 5 sets - £52 per set.</strong>

Forget CORROSION
Forget Stretching
Will help to eliminate head gasket issues.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A RAM PRODUCT - NOT APE.

Cheap enough to be replaced at every engine rebuild.

I will be placing the first order with RAM when I return from my chill break to Alsace [ 15th October ]

Strictly first come first served as I already have 8 sets sold [ 12 left ].
Antworten